Prep 37 mins
Cook 8 mins
These things are awesome. Got the recipe from a magazine called Cuisine at home. I've started to play with the recipe a bit, since everyone in my family loves spicy food, I've added some fresh Hatch Green Chile's in with the cheese, and chipotle, or Tabasco mayo works well for a little extra kick. Here's the original recipe out of the magazine tho.
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- cayenne (to taste)
- 2 ounces pimientos, sliced, drained
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 4 slices onions (1/4-inch think)
- 4 kaiser rolls, split, toasted
- 12 slices bacon, thick sliced, cooked
- green leaf lettuce
- tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Process the cream cheese, mayo, cheddar, and seasonings for the Pimiento Cheese. Add Pimientos, pulse to combine.
- Shape ground chuck into eight 4-oz. portions on wax paper. Press each portion into a 4" patty using a fork, then season with salt and pepper.
- Top 4 patties with a slice of onion. Cover with remaining patties, seal edges with a fork, and season again. Grill burgers on an oiled grate for 4 minutes; flip, and cook 2 minutes more.
- Spoon 1/4 cup Pimiento Cheese on each burger, grill 2 minutes longer. Serve on kaiser rolls with bacon, lettuce, and tomato.