This is an adopted recipe from the RecipeZaar account. Updated May 30, 2006. I have made some changes to the recipe. I added some flavour and subtracted some sugar. I like it this way.
- In small saucepan, beat egg and sugar until well blended.
- Stir in vinegar and water.
- Cook over low heat until thick. Stir with a wire whisk. Usually takes about 5 minutes. You'll know when it is ready as it will be frothy and a lemon yellow colour.
- Set aside until cool.
- In medium bowl, mix together cheese, pimientos and sauce.
- Stir in cayenne, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and garlic. Adjust to taste.
- Chill until ready to use.