Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is similar to Price's Pimiento Cheese or other similar cheese spreads found all over the southern U.S., but this has a lot more personality and flavor than most. Good on crackers, for stuffed celery, or for making tortilla roll ups, thinned with a little extra mayonnaise. Prep time does not include setting time
- 1 (6 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 1 medium onion, grated, not chopped (chopped is too coarse)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon citric acid (sour salt)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (about)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Chop the pimientos.
- Place in a large bowl, add onion, seasonings, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and mayonnaise.
- Add cheese a little bit at a time, tossing with each addition.
- Add extra mayonnaise if you want a creamier consistency.
- Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Adjust seasonings as necessary.
My teenage kids and their friends loved this. Very easy to make and really tasty!
This had way too much onion in it, using the stated 1 med onion. I am not the pimento cheese fan in my family, but hubby is and I made it for him and he is usually not critical of most things I fix. Sorry