Recipe by mollypaul
A variation of this dish uses 2 cups cooked rice instead of the corn. Subbing olive oil for the butter makes this a vegan dish. From the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 6 green bell peppers
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter (sub olive oil for a vegan dish)
- 4 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 2 cups corn (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 6 green olives, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off tops and remove centers from peppers; cover with hot water and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Brown onion in butter; add chopped tomatoes and corn.
- Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Just before removing from heat, add chopped olives and seasonings.
- Stuff peppers, cover with crumbs and bake at 350F until crumbs are browned.