Recipe by Dib's
This is a pressure canner recipe only-not suitable for water bath method.
Top Review by Andrea in NH
I can't believe that I forgot to rate this. I've made this twice and think that it is great. I never have piementos around when I need them. After I made them, I froze them as I don't have a presure canner. They were fine when I used them from the freezer. Thanks for sharing this.
Directions See How It's Made
- Stem, seed and roast peppers in a 400* oven.
- Cook until blistered and skin is separate from flesh of pepper.
- Plunge into cold water, peel.
- Cut into large chunks or slices.
- Pack into hot jars leaving 1 inch head space.
- Add salt and lemon juice to quart jars.
- Cover with boiling water leaving 1/2 inch head space, wipe rims and seal.
- Place in pressure canner and process 35 minutes for pints, 40 minutes for quarts.
- This recipe IS NOT suitable for water bath method of canning.