Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A strange sounding combo, but great on wheat or rye crackers. Ideal to a party table. A hand me down recipe from family.
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese or 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Let cream cheese soften slightly.
- Cream with the milk till smooth.
- Drain pimentos and add with nuts to cream cheese.
- Mix well; add tiny bit more milk if necessary to make a spreadable consistency.
- Serve with rye bread (party rounds), wheat crackers, Triscuit, or Melba toast.
- Store in fridge.
Barb, This sounds great. Love the crunchiness of the nuts. Planning to make this ASAP!
Another great twist to this recipe is a Cream Cheese and Olive dip that I learned from my mother-in-law. Use 8 ounces of softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup of chopped olives and pimento, 1 tablespoon fresh onion and olive juice to provide desired consistency. Serve with crackers. Enjoy!