Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Another pimento cheese recipe! Adjust the seasonings to suit your taste. Cook time is the chill time!
- 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese (freshly grated)
- 2⁄3 cup pecans (toasted and chopped)
- 4 ounces pimientos (drained well)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder (or to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika (or to taste)
- 2 ounces cream cheese (low fat okay)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- Grate cheese into a medium sized bowl.
- Toast pecans, then rough chop in a food processor.
- Add drained pimentos, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and cream cheese to the pecans in the food processor bowl. Process until as smooth as you'd like!
- Add pimento pecan mixture to the grated cheese; add mayonnaise and stir until well combined.
- Serve immediately, or chill for a better blend of flavors. Serve on crackers, celery sticks, or make into sandwiches!
- NOTE: I prefer the stiffer pimento cheese spread (as written) for toasted/grilled sandwiches! For a softer consistency, add 1-2 ounces more cream cheese, or increase the mayonnaise by 1-2 tablespoons.
Very tasty! Saw a picture of this pimento cheese spread and knew I had to make it. Made as directed and added additional garlic powder, a tiny bit more smoked paprika and a touch of salt. Can't wait to serve this with some crackers and pita chips.
This is very good! I skipped the food processor - just mixed by hand. I used a super sharp white cheddar, 3 oz cream cheese (Neufchatel), and an extra 1/8 tsp smoked paprika. Can't wait to have this in a grilled cheese! [Made for Spring 2013 Pick A Chef]