Recipe by Miss Annie
This is one of my favorite recipes, adapted from Southern Living 2001 Recipes. The original recipe calls for mayonnaise, but I like to mix with Miracle Whip because I like the tangy taste.
Top Review by mtbikeTX
I think that this is a great spread to make for a large group gathering as a snack or appetizer. It has just that slight kick from the cayenne pepper that comes up at the end, but for the most part all the ingredients are something that most people will eat without hesitation. I made it a day ahead of time and I think it tastes even better with a little time to rest before serving. We will see if there is anything left after our labor day get together.
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (I like Hellman's)
- 3⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimentos, diced,drained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion, finely grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium cheddar, finely shredded