Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A Rachel Ray Everyday recipe.
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 lb sharp yellow cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped pimiento, drained
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 garlic cloves (minced or grated)
- softened butter
- 8 slices white bread
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Bake the bacon on a broiler pan until crisp, about 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, season the beef with salt and pepper. Mix in the worcestershire sauce, parsley, and onion. Form 4 large patties (thinner in the middle for even baking).
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the patties and grill, turning once, for about 8 minutes for medium-rare. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the cheddar, pimientos, cream cheese, mayo, hot sauce, paprika, and garlic until well mixed, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Reheat the skillet over medium heat. Butter 1 side of each slice of bread, place buttered side on work surface. Spread with cheese mixture. Top with slice with a burger, 2 pieces of bacon and another bread slice.
- Grill until golden and the cheese is melted.
We've been enjoying these regularly since the recipe was posted here (made it 3 times)! The pimento cheese is really tasty and is a unique touch. Thanks for sharing this much-enjoyed recipe!