Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from my DH's mother. I am not from the South and had never heard of this before. Also posting it here for safe keeping. This is great on white bread for a quick sandwich or with crackers.
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise, Hellman's
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper, cayenne
- 1 (8 ounce) package extra-sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- black pepper
- Stir together first 5 ingredients.
- Fold in cheeses.
- Season to taste with pepper.
- Serve with crackers or make into a sandwich.
This is yummy yummy stuff! I used a super sharp "strong & tangy" English white cheddar and sharp Oregon yellow cheddar. Love the slight "heat" from the cayenne. This made a great sandwich and I'm looking forward to eating it for lunches this week. Thanks for the recipe!