1/1 Photo of Pimento Cheese ( from Phyllis)
This recipe is from my DH's mother. I am not from the South and had never heard of this before. Also posting it here for safe keeping. This is great on white bread for a quick sandwich or with crackers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise, Hellman's
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper, cayenne
- 1 (8 ounce) package extra-sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- black pepper
- 1Stir together first 5 ingredients.
- 2Fold in cheeses.
- 3Season to taste with pepper.
- 4Serve with crackers or make into a sandwich.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pimento Cheese ( from Phyllis)
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.5
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 56.7 mg
- Sodium 539.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: