- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 cup plain yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Brush melted butter in a cast-iron cornbread pan or skillet, coating entire surface so that cornbread does not stick.
- Place pan in oven to heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients, stirring until just moist.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until top begins to brown.