Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A yummy recipe adapted from Saveur magazine and tweeked just a little! If you make four small patties and put the cheese mixture in the middle and seal the top and bottom and cook it is different and pleasantly surprising to the diner. Either way, try this!
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon diced pimento
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt, and freshly ground
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef, formed into 4 medium size patties
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- iceberg lettuce, for garnish
- 4 slices tomatoes, for garnish
- In a bowl, combine cheese, mayonnaise, pimentos, grated onion, and worcestershire; season with salt and pepper. Set pimento cheese aside.
- Season patties with salt and pepper. Prepare a medium-hot charcoal fire or heat a gas grill to medium-high (or heat a tablespoon of canola oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat). Or, as stated above, make four small patties and put the cheese mixture in the middle and seal the top and bottom and cook it.
- Grill burgers, flipping once, until cooked to desired doneness, about 10 minutes for medium rare.
- Spread 2 tablespoons pimento cheese over each burger; cover and let melt(if sealing cheese inside burger, omit this step). Serve burgers on buns with lettuce and tomato with your favorite condiments. Enjoy!