Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
In 'Screen Doors and Sweet Tea' by Martha Hall Foose
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped sage
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces colby cheese, grated (2 cups)
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated (2 cups)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped pimiento, drained
- fresh ground black pepper
- hot pepper sauce
- In a bowl, with a rubber spatula, combine the mayonnaise, sage, lemon juice, mustard, cayenne, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the two cheeses and pimientos, blending thoroughly to combine.
- Season with salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.