Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you are like me, you detest Pimento Cheese Spread. That gross, over colored mush your Mom used to buy in the small clear containers at the grocery. But, my love for cheese runs deeeeeeep, so, I thought I would make my own and we all love it! I make so many things with this recipe; incredible grilled cheese, appetizers, add a bit of spicy sausage and stuff mushrooms with the mixture. The possibilities really are endless. ENJOY!
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack pepper cheese, grated (Pepper Jack Cheese)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced pimentos
- 1⁄3 teaspoon granulated garlic (or garlic powder)
- 1⁄3 teaspoon granulated onion (or onion powder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon green hot pepper sauce (Tabasco Green Pepper Sauce)
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise, Hellman's (or Best Foods)
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients well and refrigerate for 30 minutes.