Recipe by JustLauren
I love cheese, so when I was watching a show on the food network and saw this... my mouth watered! It looked delicious! BTW, did I mention that I love cheese?!
Top Review by flower7
Fabulous! I cut the recipe to two servings (the garlic & onion amts were a little weird but I just used a shy measure of 1/8 tsp each). The jalapeno cheese I had was pretty spicy so I only used a splash of hot sauce (I also didn't have green hot sauce so used what I had on hand - Cholula brand.) I spread some of this on a slice of crusty Italian bread and baked in the oven until melty; it made an *awesome* open-faced toasted cheese sandwich. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 lb grated monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced pimentos
- 1⁄3 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄3 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1⁄2 tablespoon green hot pepper sauce
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise