Found online; posting for ZWT 7-Pacific Islands (Indonesia). Recipe states: These sweet potato fritters are a popular snack on the island of Sulawesi in Indonesia. The lightly sweet, browned puffs are a perfect accompaniment to an Indonesian meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the sweet potatoes in a large, heavy-bottomed pot and cover with water. Set the pot over a medium flame and simmer until cooked all the way through, around 8-12 minutes.
- 2Drain the cooked sweet potatoes and mash them or put them through a ricer.
- 3Return the potatoes to the pot and cook over very low heat, stirring constantly, for another 5-6 minutes, until they begin to dry out. Remove the potatoes from heat and allow to cool.
- 4Beat in all the remaining ingredients except for oil until smooth.
- 5Add more flour if the batter is too moist to hold its shape on a spoon.
- 6Heat the oil in a deep fryer or large skillet to 350-360°F.
- 7Drop large spoonfuls of batter into the oil and brown on both sides, turning occasionally.
- 8Remove to a plate lined with paper towels and finish with the remaining batter.
- 9Serve with a sambal or sriracha chile sauce.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pilus (Indonesian Sweet Potato Puffs)
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.5
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 663.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 4.1 g