Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is directly off the side of the box of the Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts. (The roll out kind) This one NEVER fails, and has a "real version" and an each shortcut version. THANK YOU PILLSBURY!
- 1419.54 ml thinly sliced apples
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 3.69 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml ground nutmeg
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 2 pie crusts
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Place one pie crust in a 9" pie place. Press firmly against the side and bottom.
- In a large bowl, gently mix filling ingredients; spoon into crust-line pie plates. Top with second pie crust. Wrap excess top pie crust under the bottom crust edge, pressing edges together to seal; flute. Cut slits of shapes in several places of top crust.
- Bake 40 - 45 minutes, or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cover crust with 2-3 inch wide strips of foil 15 - 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. I bought one of those round crust shields that really works here. Cool on cooling rack at least 2 hours before serving.
- Variation short cut: One 21 oz can of apple pie filling and one 21 oz can of sliced apples can be substituted for the filling - still use the spices.
- Add- on - Caramel Apple Pie - immediately after removing pie from the oven, drizzle 1/3 cup (or less) of caramel sundae toppng (like Smuckers) on top of the pie and sprinkle with @ with two tablespoons of chopped pecans. I have done this and it is wonderful both in taste and appearance.
Thank you for posting this! It is the recipe I use every time I make apple pie and it was not on the box this time. It has just about the right spices. I add a little more cinnamon and a touch of cardomon to perk it up. Use the slicer side of my box shredder for the perfect apple slices and I have a great pie every time. Thank you for posting!!
This is my most requested pie recipe!!
I usually make my own crust, so this was a quick fix for us. My dh absolutely loved the pie. The apples were perfectly cooked with subtle flavors. I personally prefer more spice, next time I make this recipe I will double the spices. Thank you for sharing this recipe, that my dh has already requested again. Made for Spring Pac Orphanage 2012.