Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from Pillsbury.com. I haven't tried it yet, but i'm cooking for dieters, so I was anxious to se how many calories and carbs were in it before preparing. Sounds delicious! I'll update this recipe if it needs some alterations. Enjoy!
- 1 (18 ounce) roll Pillsbury sugar cookie dough (3 inches )
- 1 medium lemon
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Lightly grease 24 small tart pans or miniature muffin cups.
- Remove cookie dough from wrapper.
- Place 1 rounded teaspoon of dough in each tart pan; gently press in bottom and up side.
- Place tart pans on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 7 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute; carefully remove cookie tart shells from tart pans and place on wire racks.
- Grate peel from lemon (about 4 to 5 teaspoons); set aside.
- Squeeze juice from lemon, adding water if necessary to equal 1/4 cup; place in 2-quart saucepan.
- Stir in sugar and butter.
- Heat over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in beaten eggs. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Stir in lemon peel. Cool slightly, about 15 minutes. (Lemon filling can be refrigerated at this point until ready to serve).
- To serve, spoon about 1 tablespoon lemon filling into each cookie tart; place on serving plate.* Garnish as desired.