Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Pillsbury favorite...Be a hero when you serve these zesty beef/pork meatballs on a freshy-baked loaf of refrigerated French Bread.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb bulk Italian pork sausage
- 1⁄4 cup Progresso Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 2 (11 ounce) cans Pillsbury refrigerated crusty french loaf
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bake bread as directed on package.
- In medium bowl, combine ground beef, sausage, bread crumbs, onion and egg; mix well.
- Shape into 16 (1 1/2-inch) balls.
- In medium skillet, cook meatballs over medium heat for 5 minutes or until browned, turning frequently.
- Add pizza sauce. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 12 to 15 minutes or until meatballs are thoroughly cooked.
- Slice each loaf open, sandwich-style.
- Place 8 meatballs in each loaf.
- Spoon sauce over meatballs.
- Cut loaves in half to make four sandwiches.
- Sprinkle with cheese.