Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Big, bakery-size doughnuts made from Pillsbury Grands biscuits. I have made lots with the regular-size biscuit, but they don't compare to these. Look and taste great! My husband said " Oh! you went to the bakery?"
- 1 (16 ounce) can Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 9 cups oil, for deep fryer
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cinnamon
- 1 (16 ounce) can icing
- candy sprinkles (optional)
- Cut holes in biscuits (I used a lid to a large salt shaker 1-3/8" in diameter, worked great).
- Heat oil to 375°F.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar. Use extra cinnamon if you want. You can also add nutmeg,if desired.
- Drop 4 biscuits in deep fryer and cook with lid shut, about 3 minutes each side, or till brown as you like them.
- Remove to paper towel-lined plate.
- Roll immediately in sugar and cinnamon.
- If you are going to ice them, wait till they cool, You can also use sprinkles on icing. Enjoy!
These were so tasty and so easy! I took your advice and used the top of a cinnamon shaker to cut out the holes. The kids loved helping me cut them out. We used just the cinnamon/sugar and cut way down on the cinnamon due to personal taste. Thanks for a great and easy recipe!