Big, bakery-size doughnuts made from Pillsbury Grands biscuits. I have made lots with the regular-size biscuit, but they don't compare to these. Look and taste great! My husband said " Oh! you went to the bakery?"
- Cut holes in biscuits (I used a lid to a large salt shaker 1-3/8" in diameter, worked great).
- Heat oil to 375°F.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar. Use extra cinnamon if you want. You can also add nutmeg,if desired.
- Drop 4 biscuits in deep fryer and cook with lid shut, about 3 minutes each side, or till brown as you like them.
- Remove to paper towel-lined plate.
- Roll immediately in sugar and cinnamon.
- If you are going to ice them, wait till they cool, You can also use sprinkles on icing. Enjoy!