Recipe by Dienia B.
I got these at recipegoldmine. They don't taste like crescent rolls to me. I modified it a little bit, but they are very good. My son Dave loves crescent rolls and I'm always in search of the perfect one. lol The prep time is a guess--your house is probably warmer than mine, but it needs to double two times
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages yeast
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup lard
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl dissolve yeast in warm water with the honey to proof.
- Stir sugar, salt, eggs, lard and 1/2 flour into yeast mixture; add remaining flour and blend till smooth.
- Cover with wet towel in warm place till doubled, about 1 1/2 hours. Divide dough in half and roll each into 12 inch circle, 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread with butter and cut into 16 wedges.
- Roll up each wedge beginning at the largest end.
- Put on baking sheet.
- Cover until double, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 400° for 12 to 15 minutes (watch the bottoms as they burn).
- Brush with butter.