Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
From Pillsbury Easy Entertaining booklet 1993. I had to guess on the prep time.
Make and share this Pillsbury Chocolate Mint Cream Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix, pillsbury plus
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup creme de menthe or 1⁄4 cup syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can frosting, pillsbury vanilla frosting supreme
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 drops green food coloring, if desired
- 8 -10 creme de menthe, mints
- 7 red cinnamon candies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 8 or 9 inch round cake pans. In large bowl, combine all cake ingredients at low speed until moistened; beat 2 minutes at highest speed. Pour batter into greased and floured pans. Bake at 350 for 35 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pans. Cool completely.
- In small bowl, combine frosting, mint extract and green food color; stir until blended. To assemble cake, spread frosting between cake layers; frost sides and top.
- To decorate with mint trees, unwrap mints. Cut 7 mints in half diagonally. Position triangular mint pieces side by side to create tree shape. Small squares can be cut from remaining mints to form tree trunks. Place a red cinnamon candy at each tree top.
- High altitude: Above 3500 feet - Increase water to 1 cup plus 4 teaspoons and add 1/4 cup flour to cake mix. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes in two 9 inch round cake pans.
- Presentation: The picture has Andes candies cut into triangles and little squares to make christmas trees, with tiny little red candies for stars on top. I think there are six of them on the cake.