This is a simple, no-canned soup chicken pot pie recipe. I added instructions for poaching the chicken breasts, but you can also use about 2.5 cups of leftover chicken or turkey. If you do, be sure to add 1 3/4 cups of chicken broth (the poaching method creates chicken broth so there's no need to buy or use already made stock). There are many pot pie recipes on here, but I couldn't find the Pillsbury recipe so I had to post so I knew where to find it :) It's very easy to double and freeze too. Also feel free to add garlic or different veggies to suit your tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Place chicken breasts in medium pot and cover with water. Add seasoned salt and other spices to taste (this will create the broth that you use to make the sauce). Bring to boil. Boil 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 20 minutes. Dice when done.
- 3While chicken is poaching, thaw pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass pie pan.
- 4In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, until tender.
- 5Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended.
- 6Gradually stir in broth from poaching chicken breasts and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened.
- 7Stir in chicken and mixed vegetables. Remove from heat.
- 8Spoon chicken mixture into crust-lined pan.
- 9Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust.
- 10Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. During last 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
- 11Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pot Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pillsbury Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 625.6
- Calories from Fat 348
- Total Fat 38.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 78.3 mg
- Sodium 894.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 24.9 g