Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This looks easy and wonderful! Found at pillsbury. com.
- 1 (11 ounce) can Pillsbury refrigerated breadsticks (12 breadsticks)
- 10 slices packaged pre- cooked bacon (from 2.1-oz package)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 slice packaged pre- cooked bacon, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F Unroll dough; separate into 12 strips. Starting at center of ungreased cookie sheet, coil bacon slices with dough strips into a loose spiral, pinching ends together securely as strips are added.
- Drizzle or brush egg over dough, using all of egg to fill crevices. Sprinkle with chopped bacon and parsley.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve warm.
This was pretty good, and intricate looking, for not too much work...I did use the whole package of bacon (15 slices), while working my way through the breadsticks. I would definitely make sure my pan was greased next time...We had this as a light dinner, but it would be great for a snack or a lunch. Thanks for sharing, cookin_nurse! Made for Fall PAC '09.
Even though I don't think I exactly spiraled the bacon and dough as it should have been, this was absolutely delicious. It was easy to prepare and had a wonderful flavor. The five of us devoured it and later my son came back hunting more of it. I think I need to double the recipe when I make it again. Made for PAC Spring 2009.