Recipe by Jackie #6
My husband, who is the baker in our family, found these on another recipe site & they were great. Soft & delicious.
Top Review by mnjv
I have been on the search for the perfect bun for years. My search is now over. Everyone in my family raved over them. My daughters exact words were "they are like little clouds". The only thing different I did was use butter instead of shortening because I was out of shortening.
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water (110 deg to 115 deg F)
- 2 cups warm milk (110 deg to 115 deg F)
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 7 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add the milk, shortening, eggs, sugar, salt & 3 cups flour; beat until smooth.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth & elastic, about 6-8 minutes (dough will be sticky).
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover & let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 24 pieces. Shape each into a roll.
- Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Cover & let rises until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 deg F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks.