Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I saw this recipe on Semi-homemade with Sandra Lee and thought it would be perfect to post here. A real kid-pleaser (and adult-pleaser too!)
- 1 (16 ounce) beef cocktail franks
- 1 (16 ounce) container buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- mustard, topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a grill pan on medium heat, cook cocktail wieners until plump, about 5 minutes.
- Cook in 2 batches and set aside.
- On a clean surface, cut biscuits into sixths.
- Dump cheese into bowl and roll each slice of dough in the cheese to make little cheese balls.
- Gently stretch each ball to fit a mini hot dog.
- Wrap the dough around the mini dogs.
- Arrange pillow dogs on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Leave about 1-inch space between each roll. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with mustard, or desired topping.
- Serve warm.
Made it for a football party.. Men, women and kids LOVED it! I used a mexican mix shredded chez in lieu of, but it turned out great! I will make this again, very easy and not one 'dog' was left!
This is a great recipe. It was very easy and everyone loved them!