Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this in my collection of cookies that I have made in the past for Christmas. I am not sure where the original recipe came from. On the recipe I wrote, "made in '93 - VERY Good!" They are a little labor intensive & I think that is why I don't make them every year. I think I will be making them this year. NOTE: Prep time does not include "resting time" overnight in the refrigerator. NOTE: Estimated yield (can't recall).
- Sift flour, then measure. Cut the butter into the flour.
- Beat egg yolks well & mix with the cream. Add to flour mixture.
- When dough is well-mixed, shape into small walnut-sized balls.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Beat the egg whites stiff, then beat in the icing sugar slowly.
- Add the nuts and mix well.
- To Assemble Cookies:.
- Preheat oven to 375*. Roll out each dough ball "thin" on a floured surface.
- Place 1 teaspoon filling on each.
- Fold the dough over to the shape of a pillow.
- Bake @ 375* for 10 minutes. The cookies will stay a very light colour.
- Dust with icing sugar.