Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an adaptation of a recipe originally attributed to PREM (a 1940's - 1950's) competitor of SPAM. The meat can be whatever you have leftover -roast beef, roast pork, ham, turkey, chicken, etc. Choose your cheese (cheddar, swiss, colby etc) to match your meat.
- 1⁄2 lb cooked chicken
- 1 small carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 egg, hard boiled
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 1 small onion
- Chop chicken (meat) in food processor.
- Grate carrots, celery and cheese.
- Chop onion and egg.
- Combine all ingredients with enough mayonnaise to bind, mixing well.
- Refrigerate for about four hours, then mix well again.
- Serve as sandwiches or on crackers.
Made this last night. Double batch to make sure we had some leftovers for lunches. Very good. I added extra cheese, a chopped avocado that I had to use upand a splash of lemon juice. Used some salt and pepper too. Very good, will be making this again.