Recipe by BarbryT
This recipe was passed out today with samples of the slaw, at Whole Foods, in Seattle. It's officially called "Keith's Pilgrim Slaw with 'Earth and Vine Provisions Cranberry Shallot Relish.'" And it is good!
Top Review by Seasoned Cook
We enjoyed this dish! The flavor of the pineapple is wonderful and I'm a big fan of cranberries. A colorful salad to have for a picnic or guests. Prepared for Swap #30 July 2009 Aus/NZ Event.
- 1 head cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunks in juice
- 2 carrots
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry shallot relish or 1⁄2 cup whole cranberry sauce or 1⁄2 cup cranberry chutney
- 2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Shred the cabbage into 1/4-inch slices.
- Shred the carrots.
- Toast the pine nuts, if desired.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise (may use light mayo), cranberry shallot relish, honey and salt to make a dressing.
- In a larger bowl, combine the other ingredients. Pour over and fold in the dressing mixture to coat all the ingredients well.
- Chill at least a couple of hours to meld flavors.