Recipe by wildeyeris
Yummy sandwich. I see this sandwich in a lot of restaurants in my hometown in Alaska, but I rarely see it in the lower 48. Sandwiches can be cut into 4 squares to serve at parties or brunches.
- 8 slices French bread or 8 slices sourdough bread (If using french bread, cut off majority of crust so that it can be fried on both sides.)
- 3⁄4 cup thousand island dressing
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese
- 1 lb sliced turkey breast
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread outside of bread lightly with mayonnaise.
- Spread inside of bread with thousand island dressing.
- Equally divide turkey between 4 sandwiches.
- Equally divide cheese between 4 sandwiches.
- Put in frying pan, as you would fry a grilled cheese sandwich over medium heat.
- When toasted and cheese is melted, sandwich is ready to enjoy!