Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe is from Elizabeth Benaka, from the cookbook "Heritage of Cooking" A Collection of Recipes from East Perry County, Missouri. To find out more about this cookbook read the description from the first recipe I posted from it Bier Suppe (Beer Soup).
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark corn syrup (or golden)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup coconut
- 2⁄3 cup oats
- Blend all together, adding oats and cocoanut last.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell and bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350° and bake another 30 to 35 minutes or until done.
- If you use white syrup, then use brown sugar.
Sorry for the two stars, but this is regular pecan pie with coconut instead of pecans. Nothing new or magic. And *VERY* sweet, even tho I used less sugar than the recipe called for. I don't think I need to keep this.