Recipe by JustaQT
Get a head start on holiday cooking by baking up these adorable chocolate cookies. Stored between pieces of waxed paper in an airtight container, they'll keep for up to a week.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- yellow sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, using a mixer set on high, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour mixture; beat on medium until dough forms, about 2 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, using a floured rolling pin, roll dough to a 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut out shapes with a hat-shaped cookie cutter, approximately 2 3/4 x 2 inches.
- (Or print out our hat template and use to cut out shapes.) Place shapes on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake cookies until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool completely.
- Place white chocolate in a small resealable plastic bag.
- Microwave on MEDIUM at 30-second intervals until softened.
- Knead bag with hands to smooth chocolate; snip off 1 corner.
- Pipe chocolate onto each cookie for the hat buckles.
- Before chocolate sets, sprinkle buckles with yellow sugar.
- Continue piping white chocolate around the cookies to form hatbands.
- Set cookies aside to dry, about 30 minutes.