1/2 Photos of Pilgrim Hat Cookies
24 hrs 10 mins
a cute little Thanksgiving decoration that is easy and the kids will love to make. I found it in Womans day and I will be making these this weekend and will post a picture. Can be made up to three days ahead and stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 chocolate wafer cookies (such as Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers)
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) container orange frosting, tube with piping tips (I bought Betty Crocker be careful not to get the gel frosting)
- 16 miniature peanut butter cups
- 1Place cookies on work surface; squeeze a dime size dot of frosting in the center of each cookie.
- 2Unwrap and invert peanut butter cups on frosting, press down gently.
- 3Let dry overnight or at least 10 - 15 minutes until frosting is set. If drying overnight please store in an airtight container so the cookies do not get soggy.
- 4Using round piping tip or writing tip, (if you don't have tips you can make your own frosting, put it in a ziplock sandwich bag and just cut the corner of the bag) pipe a hat band (single line) with frosting around the peanut butter cup and a square buckle.
- 5Let frosting set before storing.
- 6My son insists we should use yellow frosting so it would be correct but I think the orange that the directions call for looks nicer than yellow.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pilgrim Hat Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.0
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.5 mg
- Sodium 66.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: