a cute little Thanksgiving decoration that is easy and the kids will love to make. I found it in Womans day and I will be making these this weekend and will post a picture. Can be made up to three days ahead and stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
- 16 chocolate wafer cookies (such as Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers)
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) container orange frosting, tube with piping tips (I bought Betty Crocker be careful not to get the gel frosting)
- 16 miniature peanut butter cups
- Place cookies on work surface; squeeze a dime size dot of frosting in the center of each cookie.
- Unwrap and invert peanut butter cups on frosting, press down gently.
- Let dry overnight or at least 10 - 15 minutes until frosting is set. If drying overnight please store in an airtight container so the cookies do not get soggy.
- Using round piping tip or writing tip, (if you don't have tips you can make your own frosting, put it in a ziplock sandwich bag and just cut the corner of the bag) pipe a hat band (single line) with frosting around the peanut butter cup and a square buckle.
- Let frosting set before storing.
- My son insists we should use yellow frosting so it would be correct but I think the orange that the directions call for looks nicer than yellow.