Recipe by Jen T
This comes from my "Best Food for the Heart" cookbook. It is a quick alternative to stuffed potatoes. Try it this way first then experiment with your own ideas. I bet you will never make it the same way twice....LOL....just use whatever you have on hand.
Top Review by YnkyGrlDwndr
I am going to make these again to give a proper review but it will have to be after my potato-less diet ends! I had to leave and let hubby assemble and cook, he made an executive decision to put it in the oven for 20 minutes. So I will try to remember to give this one another go and give a much better review. Made for AU/NZ Recipe Swap #24
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream (or yoghurt)
- 1 tomatoes (sliced)
- 2 slices lean ham (cut into strips)
- 1 cup mushroom (roughly chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1⁄2 cup grated edam cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Don't peel, just wash & scrub the potatoes and either boil until just tender or prick well & microwave until softened.
- When cooked, slice and place in a flan or quiche dish.
- Pour over the sour cream and top with remaining ingredients in order listed.
- Grill/Broil for 4-5 minutes until cheese melts and begins to turn golden brown.
- Leave to stand for at least 5mins before serving to allow any liquid to absorb.