Recipe by SRC
This is a fantastic flavorful side that I found in one of my favorite cookbooks by Cheryl Alters Jamison and Bill Jamison, "American Home Cooking". They're all great!
Top Review by z94diva
Great recipe! I used pistachios from Orandi Ranch, visit orandiranch.com, because they handcraft their pistachios with Himalayan Pink Salt. I didn't have to use any extra salt in this recipe because of the wonderful balance the pistachios brought to this dish.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken stock, plus
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted pistachios
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mace
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the rice, chicken stock, 1 tablespoon of the butter and the salt to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cover.
- Set timer for 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile saute the remainder of butter, the pine nuts, mace and pistachios in a large skillet until they are golden brown.
- After rice is cooked, set it aside with the lid on for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and scoop into the skillet, tossing with the pistachios and pine nuts.