This is a fantastic flavorful side that I found in one of my favorite cookbooks by Cheryl Alters Jamison and Bill Jamison, "American Home Cooking". They're all great!
- Bring the rice, chicken stock, 1 tablespoon of the butter and the salt to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cover.
- Set timer for 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile saute the remainder of butter, the pine nuts, mace and pistachios in a large skillet until they are golden brown.
- After rice is cooked, set it aside with the lid on for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and scoop into the skillet, tossing with the pistachios and pine nuts.