Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a very old family recipe which is very delicious and low fat too...
- 236.59 ml long grain rice
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml butter (do not substitute)
- 29.58 ml minced onions
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 14.79 ml dried parsley
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 1.23 ml ground savory
- 1 goya chicken bouillon
- 473.18 ml hot water
- Brown the rice, onion and garlic in the olive oil and butter over high heat.
- Deeply browning the rice gives the rice its distinct flavor.
- You must use the butter so it will brown.
- Do not use margarine, it will not work.
- This will take about 5 minutes.
- Add water, and rest of ingredients, cover the pot and simmer on low heat until all water is absorbed (about 20 minutes).
This is the best Greek rice dish recipe that I've found! My husband and daughter love it with chicken souvlaki and lemon potatoes!
We used brown long grain rice and chicken stock. Enjoyed by all
My hubby and I loved it! My kiddos all enjoyed it as well. I did not have any savory, so I used a little thyme and sage mixed instead. I did think that it needed a tiny bit of salt, so I added that. My husband enjoyed it so much that he barely touched the chicken we had with it, and at more rice! Thanks!