- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter (do not substitute)
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground savory
- 1 goya chicken bouillon
- 2 cups hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the rice, onion and garlic in the olive oil and butter over high heat.
- Deeply browning the rice gives the rice its distinct flavor.
- You must use the butter so it will brown.
- Do not use margarine, it will not work.
- This will take about 5 minutes.
- Add water, and rest of ingredients, cover the pot and simmer on low heat until all water is absorbed (about 20 minutes).