1/1 Photo of Pilafi Me Throumbi (Greek Savory Rice)
Anthony Gougoutris's Note:
This is a very old family recipe which is very delicious and low fat too...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown the rice, onion and garlic in the olive oil and butter over high heat.
- 2Deeply browning the rice gives the rice its distinct flavor.
- 3You must use the butter so it will brown.
- 4Do not use margarine, it will not work.
- 5This will take about 5 minutes.
- 6Add water, and rest of ingredients, cover the pot and simmer on low heat until all water is absorbed (about 20 minutes).
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pilafi Me Throumbi (Greek Savory Rice)
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.8
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 275.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 3.7 g