1/2 Photos of Pilaf With Chicken Livers
echo echo's Note:
A Turkish dish. My preference is to reduce the amounts of butter and salt from what is shown. Please be warned that chicken livers have a taste that does not appeal to everybody.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken liver, washed and patted dry
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced scallions
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1In a skillet, saute chicken livers in 2 Tbs butter 5 minutes or until done; remove from the pan, sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and pepper and set aside.
- 2Add half the scallions to skillet and saute until slightly browned; remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- 3Melt 2 Tbs butter in a 3-quart saucepan and saute the other half of the scallions.
- 4Add the tomatoes through raisins and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- 5Add the uncooked rice and stir-fry 1 minute.
- 6Add 2 cups water, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper to taste; bring to a boil.
- 7Stir with a fork, reduce heat to a very low simmer, cover and cook 25 minutes or until rice absorbs all the liquid.
- 8Place the reserved livers and scallions atop the rice mixture, cover and heat through.
- 9Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pilaf With Chicken Livers
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.4
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 421.7 mg
- Sodium 791.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 25.3 g