Recipe by Amis
Oh, yum. This is so good. I usually make this around the holidays and it's used as a base for several differant cookies such as Hindbaerkage (Danish Raspberry Ribbons), Mandelkaker (Norwegian Almond Cookies), and PahkindIeiva (Finnish Nut Logs). Or you can just cook it up as it is, and decorate with colored sugar. Posted for Zaar World Tour 05
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon water, if needed
Directions See How It's Made
- This will yield 2 cups of dough. If you are using it as a starter base, it will depend on the recipe as to how many cookies it will make. Using it by itself, it should yield about 7.5 dozen.
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Do not refrigerate cookie dough.
- Fill a cookie press with dough as manufacturer directs.
- Select plate and fit onto press.
- Press dough onto an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or only until cookies are firm and lightly browned around edges. Do not overbake. Cool on a rack.