Recipe by Sonya01
one for the weekend when i feel like indulging
Top Review by Baby Kato
What a lovely little treat these pikelets were. I loved them. They were quick and easy to make, with an interesting texture. A little dense but very very flavorful. The raspberry butter was out of this world. Thank you so much for sharing this tasty breakfast treat. I enjoyed them very much. Made for Aussie swap #39 :)
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 150 g unsalted butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup icing sugar, sifted
- fresh raspberries, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour and cocoa powder together in a bowl. Stir in sugar. Whisk in buttermilk and egg.
- Raspberry Butter:.
- Push raspberries through a fine sieve into a bowl. Discard seeds. In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in raspberrry puree.
- Grease a large heavy-based frying pan and heat on high. Drop tablespoons of batter into a pan. Cook pikelets for 2-3 mins until bubble appear on surfae. Turn pikelets and cook other side for 1 min until browned.
- Serve the pikelets warm with the raspberry butter and fres raspberries, if you like.