1/8 Photos of Pikelets (Australian Pancakes)
Unlike American pancakes, the Australian pikelets can be purchased ready-made in grocery stores. You can eat the cold or hot and they are typically topped with cream, jam, fruit or butter and sugar! They are handle for snacks and lunches. I found these on an Australian website. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together flour, salt and baking soda into a large bowl.
- 2Place milk, egg, sugar, butter and vanilla in the center of the flour mixture.
- 3Beat until smooth and a thick pouring consistency.
- 4Heat greased frying pan over medium high heat. Drop batter by the spoonful into pan.
- 5Cook until you see bubbles appear.
- 6Turn the pickelets over with a spatula and continue cooking until the underside is light brown.
- 7Remove from pan and place on a cloth or between layers of paper towel to cool.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pikelets (Australian Pancakes)
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 40.0
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 114.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 1.2 g