Recipe by Sackville
A pikelet is a kind of crumpet or mini scone. They're very popular in Britain and go well with a cup of tea or just for a snack on the go.
Top Review by love4culinary
these are excellent.. I brought some of them to the library with me to have for a snack while studying for exams hehe :-) they are quite tasty. I went to the cafe and got some chai and ate these with my cup of tea. :-) They are quite appetizing and easy to make! Thanks for a great recipe!
- 250 g flour
- 100 g sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 125 ml plain yogurt
- 250 ml milk
- oil, for greasing
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the flour, sugar baking powder and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Separately, mix together the eggs, yogurt and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mix and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat a little oil in a pan over a high heat, then turn down the heat a bit and drop in two or three separate spoonfuls of the batter in different corners of the pan.
- Cook over a medium heat for a few minutes, until the bottoms are set and lightly browned.
- Turn over and cook for another minute or so.