- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together sugar and egg, beat till combined. Add vanilla and beat again.
- Beat in flour and combined milk and bicarb soda, alternating between both. Beat till smooth.
- Drop spoonfuls onto a hot, buttered pan, cook till bubbles begin to appear, then flip and cook for about 1 minute.
- Serve with cream, maple syrup and fresh fruit.