Concocted this jewel of a treat for the upcoming Super Bowl! They look like little footballs wrapped in prosciutto, loaded with unique flavors that "play nicely together", and party-in-your-mouth textures! Just plain fun to eat! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium saute pan, cook sausage til done, breaking up finely as you go. Drain grease.
- 2Add cream cheese, stir in til melted over low-medium heat. *Start with 4 ounces, and add up to 2 ounces more if needed. *You want the sausage VERY well coated and nice and creamy.
- 3Stir in chopped pecans.
- 4Set aside to cool.
- 5Meanwhile, butterfly dates, but don't cut all the way through.
- 6Open up each one.
- 7Cut prosciutto into long strips.
- 8When filling is cool, place a small mound of it on each date, then close the date around the filling. *If filling is difficult to work with, pop it into the fridge or freezer for a bit to firm up a little.
- 9Wrap each date with a strip of prosciutto.
- 10Toothpick through to hold together.
- 11In large frying pan, add oil and heat til hot, but not smoking.
- 12Toss in wrapped dates and fry on each side til just very lightly browned.
- 13Remove from pan immediately with tongs.
- 14Serve on a "fancy lettuce"-lined platter.
- 16*NOTE! I use BULK sausage, not sausage in links. But if you can't find it in bulk, and can only find it in casings, just cut off one end of each sausage and squeeze out the meat into the pan. Hope that helps explain everything! :).
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pigskins in a Blanket (Prosciutto-Wrapped Stuffed Dates)
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.0
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 25.4 mg
- Sodium 308.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: