Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my version of an old Dutch treat from Russ' in western Michigan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Divide sausage into 6 portions. Roll each into a link looking stick.
- Cut filo into 3 parts then allow to thaw before unwrapping.
- Cook the sausage in a skillet until brown and cooked throughly.
- Take half the filo from one portion and wrap around sausage. Repeat for each stick.
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl or skillet.
- Dip each stick and roll around to absorb the butter then place in cake pan or cookie sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Serve with syrup or applesauce.