Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Kids and Teens love this easy combnation taquito/hot dog. This goes great with cheese & jalapeno dipping sauce.
- 6 corn tortillas
- 6 hot dog hot dogs (any kind meat or vegetarian)
- oil (for deep frying)
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped jalapeno
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave for about 1 minute to make them pliable and wrap in a paper towel or dish towel to keep them soft.
- Heat enough oil in a medium frying pan to cover the bottom about 1/2 inch.
- Wrap weiners in corn tortillas.
- Fry the "pigs in a poncho" until tortillas start to turn light brown and place on a paper towel to drain.
- To make the cheese sauce combine all ingredients in a microwave safe dish and heat until the sauce is melted and bubbly and stir.