1/6 Photos of Pigs in a Blanket (From Scratch)
For anyone who has ever been out of crescent dough during an emergency....
My Private Note
pigs in ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven to 400ºF. Grease a large baking sheet. Sift the dry ingredients (flour through salt) into a mixing bowl (or dump them in one at a time, whatever).
- 2Rub the butter pieces into the dry ingredients until mixture is crumbly. Stir in cheese until evenly distributed.
- 3Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the buttermilk. Stir well with a wooden spoon. Let the dough sit for 3 minutes.
- 4Sprinkle the dough with flour and stir once or twice then turn out onto a well floured counter.
- 5With floured hands, pat the dough into a 15 by 7 inch rectangle, trimming the sides if necessary to get a true rectangle. (Handle the dough as little as possible for tenderness, yeah right).
- 6Using a pizza cutter, slice the rectangle into thirds horizontally then slice each third into thirds vertically, this will give you 9 small rectangles. Slice each rectangle diagonally into two thin triangles.
- 7One at a time, roll up the sausages in the triangles. Place pointy side down on greased cookie sheet.
- 8Bake for 12 to 13 minutes, until golden brown. Cool on the sheet for 3 minutes then tranfer to a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pigs in a Blanket (From Scratch)
Serving Size: 1 (574 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.8
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.4 mg
- Sodium 170.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
miniature hot dogs