My mother used to make these for card parties. I make them on those nights when the hubby and I want munchies and not a big meal. I have also made them for football parties, and people love them. They are super easy, but really tasty. Some tasty sausage choices are the chicken habanero with jack cheese, jalapeno and cheese, turkey n cheddar, or just regular smoked sausage. You will find them over next to the hot dogs, and there are usually 4 or 5 to a package (Johnsonville or Bistro Sensations are good).
- 1 (8 ounce) package Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls, regular or reduced fat
- 4 smoked sausage, any flavor
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Open the crescent rolls and separate them down the lines into the triangles.
- Cut the sausages in half so you have 8 pieces.
- Start with the tall side of the triangle. Roll the sausage in the crescent dough, tucking the bottom point up when you start to roll. You should finish with the point. My Dad said they looked like they were wrapped up in a sleeping bag -- hence the name he gave them "Hogs in a Sleeping Bag" since it was the big smoked sausage.
- Bake them on a cookie sheet at 375 for 11-13 minutes, or until the crescnet rolls are golden.
- You can serve them with spicy mustard, honey mustard, or barbecue sauce.